Raising His Family in Henrico
Ernesto and Savon, his wife, live in the Willow Run neighborhood of Henrico County. They, along with their daughter Alice, are expecting the next addition to their family in June.
Learned Hard work from His Single Mother
While in the Army, Ernesto’s mother valued hard work and opportunity. When Ernesto was 5 years old, she found herself raising her son on her own. Through her example and sacrifice, she instilled the values of hard work, perseverance, and integrity. These values continue to serve Ernesto to this day. It was not always easy, but Ernesto proved that regardless of where you start in life, everyone can achieve success.
Virginia Schools Provided Opportunity
While working part-time to help his family financially, Ernesto studied hard throughout his years in high school. It paid off when Ernesto received grants and scholarships that made attending Virginia Military Institute a reality. At VMI, Ernesto worked in the dining hall to help pay for his education. He graduated with a BA in Economics and then later received his MBA from Virginia Commonwealth University. He now owns his own financial services business in Henrico.
Active Community and Business Leader
- Served on VMI Board of Visitors (Appointed by Governor Bob McDonnell)
- VMI Foundation Board of Trustees
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Board
- Southside Community Development and Housing Corporation
- The Benedictine Society of Virginia, Finance Advisory Board
- Henrico County Republican Committee, Vice Chair Finance
- Served as Henrico/Goochland liaison to the 7th District Committee under three chairman (Cobb, Gruber and Slone)
- Henrico County Republican Committee, Former Recording Secretary
- Attended 2008 Republican National Convention as a Delegate
- Attended 2012 Republican National Convention as an Alternate Delegate